How Much Experience Does The Law Offices of Robert Ernenwein, PC., Have Defending Against Prostitution Charges?
We have 35-plus years of experience defending persons accused of violation California Penal Code Section 647(b), commonly known as “Prostitution.” We are former prosecutors and know how the system works from the other side.
Robert Ernenwein is a Board-Certified Criminal Law Expert and was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers by Los Angeles magazine for several years. We are experienced prostitution defense lawyers in Torrance, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Lomita and other South Bay Cities.
How Serious Is A Conviction For Prostitution?
The act of prostitution can carry up to six months in county jail and up to $1,000 in fines. Prostitution is also “priorable,” which means a conviction for this crime can be used to enhance the penalty of a future criminal conviction.
What Must The Government Show To Prove That I Am Guilty Of Prostitution?
In order for a jury to find you guilty of prostitution, in violation of California Penal Code section 647(b), the prosecution must prove:
- You willfully engaged in sexual intercourse or a lewd act with someone else
- in exchange for money (or some other compensation)
A lewd act occurs when the defendant has touched the genitals, buttocks or female breast of either the prostitute or the customer with some part of the other person’s body. Further, the touching must be for the purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person. Someone does this willfully when he or she does it either willingly or on purpose.
What defenses can The Law Offices of Robert Ernenwein, PC., use to protect me from a conviction?
One common defense against a prostitution charge is entrapment, the reason being is that persons accused of prostitution are often caught in sting operations or arrested by decoy police officers. To show that entrapment occurred, the defense must show that the police officer engaged in conduct that would cause an otherwise law-abiding person to commit prostitution. If the law enforcement officer badgered, or used flattery to persuade you into committing prostitution, or otherwise made some appeal to sympathy or friendship, and you committed the crime but otherwise would not have done so, The Law Offices of Robert Ernenwein, PC., may be able to have your case dismissed via pretrial dismissal or acquittal at trial.
There may be search and seizure issues, such as the stopping of a vehicle or apprehension of a person without probable cause. Our prostitution defense attorney can file and argue legal motions challenging the initial stop, thereby having the case dismissed because the evidence against you is excluded.
Why Choose The Law Offices of Robert Ernenwein, PC., to defend you against a Prostitution charge?
We are experienced Torrance criminal defense lawyers and will use any and all available defenses to protect you against a conviction. We have over 35 years of experience defending persons accused of prostitution and other crimes. We are former Los Angeles deputy district attorneys, so we know how the prosecution operates.
Call us at 424-552-3901 or email us immediately for your free consultation.
- Violent Crimes
- Criminal Threats
- Elder Abuse
- Second-Degree Murder In California: Different Than Zimmerman?
- Torrance Criminal Lawyers – Involuntary Manslaughter Defenses
- Murder Defenses In California
- Murder | Degrees
- What Can Be Learned About Your Defense
- Tips For Finding The Right Arson Lawyer
- Arson FAQs
- How To Fight Felony Arson Charges
- Child Endangerment
- Child Abuse & Child Endangerment | Resources
- Assault And Battery
- Assault & Battery Explanation
- California Assault And Battery Crimes
- Charged With Assault or Battery in Torrance, CA? What You Should Do if You Are Accused
- Weapons Charges
- Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer: Carrying A Concealed Weapon
- Other California Weapons Charges
- Concealed Weapons
- Theft Related Offenses
- Auto Theft Defenses
- Petty Theft And Shoplifting
- Grand Theft vs Petty Theft
- Identity Theft
- California Identity Theft Law: Penalties And Defenses Available
- Facing Identity Theft Charges?
- White Collar Criminal Defense Attorney
- Identity Theft | Credit Card Theft
- Embezzlement Charges
- Charged With Embezzlement?
- Embezzlement | Burden of Proof
- Sex Crimes
- Drug Offenses
- How To Avoid A Drug Crime Conviction
- Alternative Sentences For Drug Crimes
- Possession Of Drugs For Personal Use
- Possession Of Marijuana Laws
- Possession Of Marijuana For Sale
- Drug Possession For Sale
- Possession Of Methamphetamine For Sale
- Possession Of Heroin For Sale
- Marijuana Possession
- Marijuana Possession For Sale
- Possession Of Cocaine For Sale
- Attacking The Evidence In A DUI Case
- DUI DMV Hearing
- Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol | Vehicle Code 23152(a) & (b)
- DUI FAQs
- DUI Court Case
- DUI Reduction: Dry Reckless
- DUI Reduction: Wet Reckless
- DUI Reduction: Exhibition Of Speed
- DUI Under 21
- The No Driving Defense
- 10 Common DUI Questions
- Real DUI Success Stories
- Social Media Could Hurt Your Los Angeles DUI Case
- The ‘Rising Blood Alcohol’ Defense
- What Happens When One or More Minor Children are Present in the Car When Arrested for DUI?
- You May Not Have Been Drunk When You Were Arrested For DUI In L.A.
- DUI-Related Reductions
- DUI-Related Enhancements
- Juvenile Defense
- Domestic Violence
- General Felonies And Misdemeanors
- Disturbing The Peace
- Accessory After The Fact
- Driving With A Suspended License
- Caught Driving With A Suspended License?
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Texting And Driving – Distracted Driving Can Lead To Vehicular Manslaughter
- Vehicular Manslaughter | Resources
- Public Intoxication
- Can I Get My Public Intoxication Charge Dismissed?
- Tagging, Graffiti Can Lead To Stiff Penalties In Los Angeles
- Torrance Vandalism Lawyers Explain The Law & Your Defense
- California Vandalism Graffiti Law Penal Code 594
- Other Practice Areas
- The Criminal Court Process