Rape is an extremely serious crime in California. As with other sex crimes, inmates accused or convicted of rape are oftentimes taunted, harassed, violently assaulted and even killed while in custody. Some inmates will seek to impart “vigilante justice” on persons accused of rape.
If convicted of rape, you may face up to eight years in state penitentiary, up to five additional years if the rape involved great bodily injury, and a fine of up to $10,000. A rape conviction also carries horrible post-incarceration consequences, including registration as a sex offender (under Cal. Pen. Code §290). Additionally, a rape conviction is a “strike” under the Three Strikes Law.
It has been our experience that many persons accused of this crime are the victims of false allegations. Many times, a rape accusation is preceded by a fall-out in a relationship or other circumstance that breeds resentment in the accusing party, causing them to lie about the accused.
But there is hope.
Why Choose The Law Offices of Robert Ernenwein, PC., To Defend You Against A Rape Charge?
We are experienced and aggressive Torrance criminal defense lawyers and will use any and all available defenses to protect you against a conviction. We have over 40 years of experience defending persons accused of rape and other sex crimes. We are former Los Angeles Deputy District Attorneys, so we know how the prosecution operates.
Robert Ernenwein is certified as a criminal law specialist by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. He has been named a Super Lawyer by Los Angeles magazine and has appeared as a legal analyst on multiple cable news programs, including Fox News.
We understand that anxiety and concern that a criminal charge or accusation can create. That’s why our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Also, one of our Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers can meet with you on a Saturday or Sunday.
If you have been charged with Rape, call us at 424-552-3901 or email us immediately for a free consultation. Our office is conveniently located minutes away from the Torrance Courthouse, and we represent clients there on a daily basis, as well as other courts throughout Southern California.
- Violent Crimes
- Criminal Threats
- Elder Abuse
- Second-Degree Murder in California: Different than Zimmerman?
- Torrance Criminal Lawyers – Involuntary Manslaughter Defenses
- Murder Defenses In California
- Murder | Degrees
- What Can Be Learned About Your Defense
- Tips For Finding The Right Arson Lawyer
- Arson FAQs
- How To Fight Felony Arson Charges
- Child Endangerment
- Child Abuse & Child Endangerment | Resources
- Assault And Battery
- Assault & Battery Explanation
- California Assault And Battery Crimes
- Charged With Assault or Battery in Torrance, CA? What You Should Do if You Are Accused
- Weapons Charges
- Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer: Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Other California Weapons Charges
- Concealed Weapons
- Theft Related Offenses
- Auto Theft Defenses
- Petty Theft And Shoplifting
- Grand Theft vs Petty Theft
- Identity Theft
- California Identity Theft Law: Penalties And Defenses Available
- Facing Identity Theft Charges?
- White Collar Criminal Defense Attorney
- Identity Theft | Credit Card Theft
- Embezzlement Charges
- Charged with embezzlement?
- Embezzlement | Burden of Proof
- Sex Crimes
- Drug Offenses
- How To Avoid A Drug Crime Conviction
- Alternative Sentences For Drug Crimes
- Possession Of Drugs For Personal Use
- Possession Of Marijuana Laws
- Possession Of Marijuana For Sale
- Drug Possession For Sale
- Possession Of Methamphetamine For Sale
- Possession Of Heroin For Sale
- Marijuana Possession
- Marijuana Possession For Sale
- Possession Of Cocaine For Sale
- Attacking The Evidence In A DUI Case
- DUI DMV Hearing
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol | Vehicle Code 23152(a) & (b)
- DUI FAQs
- DUI Court Case
- DUI Reduction: Dry Reckless
- DUI Reduction: Wet Reckless
- DUI Reduction: Exhibition of Speed
- DUI Under 21
- The No Driving Defense
- 10 Common DUI Questions
- Real DUI Success Stories
- Social Media Could Hurt Your Los Angeles DUI Case
- The ‘Rising Blood Alcohol’ Defense
- What Happens When One or More Minor Children are Present in the Car When Arrested for DUI?
- You May Not Have Been Drunk When You Were Arrested for DUI in L.A.
- DUI-Related Reductions
- DUI-Related Enhancements
- Juvenile Defense
- Domestic Violence
- General Felonies And Misdemeanors
- Disturbing The Peace
- Accessory After The Fact
- Driving With A Suspended License
- Caught Driving With A Suspended License?
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Texting And Driving – Distracted Driving Can Lead To Vehicular Manslaughter
- Vehicular Manslaughter | Resources
- Public Intoxication
- Can I Get My Public Intoxication Charge Dismissed?
- Tagging, Graffiti Can Lead To Stiff Penalties In Los Angeles
- Torrance Vandalism Lawyers Explain The Law & Your Defense
- California Vandalism Graffiti Law Penal Code 594
- Other Practice Areas
- The Criminal Court Process