Do You Fear Your Name Will Appear On The Sex Offender Registry?
Sex offense allegations can ruin the remainder of your life. Whether it is a child pornography, public intercourse, solicitation of minors, an internet sex crime or a lewd act allegation, you may face jail time and other consequences like having to register as a sex offender. It will be in your benefit to protect your future with a solid criminal defense against your allegation. Our lawyers have more than 40 years of experience practicing criminal law, and we will help you fight your criminal charge as if it were our own.
We use our knowledge as former deputy district attorneys to identify a creative strategy that results in your best possible resolution. We will provide you with an aggressive defense to protect your freedom. Consult us for your sex crime defense.
How A Conviction Can Be Determined
The resolution for a sex crime charge can happen in various ways. Most convictions result in high fines and mandatory prison sentencing, and you may also have to register as a sex offender. In addition to the type of sex crime, there are other factors that the court will use to determine the severity of consequences.
If The Sex Allegation Involves A Minor
Other factors include the:
- Age of consent
- Age difference between parties
- Sexual orientation and sexual preference of all parties involved
- Employment status of the accused (particularly more severe for those who have easy access to minors)
- Past sex offenses
If The Sex Allegation Involves Rape Or Assault
Other factors include if the accuser:
- Was restrained
- Was intoxicated
- Intended to engage in the act itself
The factors in each case vary, and to accurately identify what you may face, it is in your best interest to consult one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys.
Former District Attorneys Who Know What To Expect
For more than 40 years, our lawyers at Ernenwein & Johnson, LLP, have provided professional legal counsel for Californians facing serious criminal allegations. No matter how complex your case may seem, you have options. Explore your alternative solutions with one of our board-certified criminal defense lawyers.
- Violent Crimes
- Criminal Threats
- Elder Abuse
- Second-Degree Murder in California: Different than Zimmerman?
- Torrance Criminal Lawyers – Involuntary Manslaughter Defenses
- Murder Defenses In California
- Murder | Degrees
- What Can Be Learned About Your Defense
- Tips For Finding The Right Arson Lawyer
- Arson FAQs
- How To Fight Felony Arson Charges
- Child Endangerment
- Child Abuse & Child Endangerment | Resources
- Assault And Battery
- Assault & Battery Explanation
- California Assault And Battery Crimes
- Charged With Assault or Battery in Torrance, CA? What You Should Do if You Are Accused
- Weapons Charges
- Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer: Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Other California Weapons Charges
- Concealed Weapons
- Theft Related Offenses
- Auto Theft Defenses
- Petty Theft And Shoplifting
- Grand Theft vs Petty Theft
- Identity Theft
- California Identity Theft Law: Penalties And Defenses Available
- Facing Identity Theft Charges?
- White Collar Criminal Defense Attorney
- Identity Theft | Credit Card Theft
- Embezzlement Charges
- Charged with embezzlement?
- Embezzlement | Burden of Proof
- Sex Crimes
- Drug Offenses
- How To Avoid A Drug Crime Conviction
- Alternative Sentences For Drug Crimes
- Possession Of Drugs For Personal Use
- Possession Of Marijuana Laws
- Possession Of Marijuana For Sale
- Drug Possession For Sale
- Possession Of Methamphetamine For Sale
- Possession Of Heroin For Sale
- Marijuana Possession
- Marijuana Possession For Sale
- Possession Of Cocaine For Sale
- Attacking The Evidence In A DUI Case
- DUI DMV Hearing
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol | Vehicle Code 23152(a) & (b)
- DUI FAQs
- DUI Court Case
- DUI Reduction: Dry Reckless
- DUI Reduction: Wet Reckless
- DUI Reduction: Exhibition of Speed
- DUI Under 21
- The No Driving Defense
- 10 Common DUI Questions
- Real DUI Success Stories
- Social Media Could Hurt Your Los Angeles DUI Case
- The ‘Rising Blood Alcohol’ Defense
- What Happens When One or More Minor Children are Present in the Car When Arrested for DUI?
- You May Not Have Been Drunk When You Were Arrested for DUI in L.A.
- DUI-Related Reductions
- DUI-Related Enhancements
- Juvenile Defense
- Domestic Violence
- General Felonies And Misdemeanors
- Disturbing The Peace
- Accessory After The Fact
- Driving With A Suspended License
- Caught Driving With A Suspended License?
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Texting And Driving – Distracted Driving Can Lead To Vehicular Manslaughter
- Vehicular Manslaughter | Resources
- Public Intoxication
- Can I Get My Public Intoxication Charge Dismissed?
- Tagging, Graffiti Can Lead To Stiff Penalties In Los Angeles
- Torrance Vandalism Lawyers Explain The Law & Your Defense
- California Vandalism Graffiti Law Penal Code 594
- Other Practice Areas
- The Criminal Court Process