Arguably the most serious accusation you can face in California, a murder charge can change your life forever. Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought. If you are convicted of murder, you may be imprisoned for 25 years to life (without the possibility of parole). Because the death penalty has not been abolished in California, you can be sentenced to death.
Our extensive experience and knowledge give us the tools we need to successfully challenge murder charges.
We can evaluate a host of issues based on our analysis of the police reports, witness statements and other evidence both on file and uncovered during our investigation. Based on our findings, we may be able to construct powerful defenses in the pursuit of acquittal at trial or even pretrial dismissal of the charges.
There may also be circumstances in mitigation that permit reduction of charges from first-degree murder or second-degree murder to voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide.
Contact The Law Offices of Robert Ernenwein, PC., Now!
Ernenwein & Johnson consists of two experienced and aggressive Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers who have over 40 years of experience defending people accused of murder and other serious crimes.
Robert and Stephanie are former Los Angeles Deputy District Attorneys. Robert is certified as a Criminal Law Specialist by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization and has been named a Super Lawyer by Los Angeles magazine. They have appeared as legal analysts on multiple cable news programs, including Fox News.
If you believe you are a suspect in a murder or if you or a loved one is already in custody and facing murder charges, call us at 424-552-3901 or email us immediately for your free consultation. The anxiety that accompanies criminal charges is unparalleled by any other life-changing event, so call us today. That’s why our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we will meet with you on the weekend, if necessary.
- Violent Crimes
- Criminal Threats
- Elder Abuse
- Second-Degree Murder in California: Different than Zimmerman?
- Torrance Criminal Lawyers – Involuntary Manslaughter Defenses
- Murder Defenses In California
- Murder | Degrees
- What Can Be Learned About Your Defense
- Tips For Finding The Right Arson Lawyer
- Arson FAQs
- How To Fight Felony Arson Charges
- Child Endangerment
- Child Abuse & Child Endangerment | Resources
- Assault And Battery
- Assault & Battery Explanation
- California Assault And Battery Crimes
- Charged With Assault or Battery in Torrance, CA? What You Should Do if You Are Accused
- Weapons Charges
- Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer: Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Other California Weapons Charges
- Concealed Weapons
- Theft Related Offenses
- Auto Theft Defenses
- Petty Theft And Shoplifting
- Grand Theft vs Petty Theft
- Identity Theft
- California Identity Theft Law: Penalties And Defenses Available
- Facing Identity Theft Charges?
- White Collar Criminal Defense Attorney
- Identity Theft | Credit Card Theft
- Embezzlement Charges
- Charged with embezzlement?
- Embezzlement | Burden of Proof
- Sex Crimes
- Drug Offenses
- How To Avoid A Drug Crime Conviction
- Alternative Sentences For Drug Crimes
- Possession Of Drugs For Personal Use
- Possession Of Marijuana Laws
- Possession Of Marijuana For Sale
- Drug Possession For Sale
- Possession Of Methamphetamine For Sale
- Possession Of Heroin For Sale
- Marijuana Possession
- Marijuana Possession For Sale
- Possession Of Cocaine For Sale
- Attacking The Evidence In A DUI Case
- DUI DMV Hearing
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol | Vehicle Code 23152(a) & (b)
- DUI FAQs
- DUI Court Case
- DUI Reduction: Dry Reckless
- DUI Reduction: Wet Reckless
- DUI Reduction: Exhibition of Speed
- DUI Under 21
- The No Driving Defense
- 10 Common DUI Questions
- Real DUI Success Stories
- Social Media Could Hurt Your Los Angeles DUI Case
- The ‘Rising Blood Alcohol’ Defense
- What Happens When One or More Minor Children are Present in the Car When Arrested for DUI?
- You May Not Have Been Drunk When You Were Arrested for DUI in L.A.
- DUI-Related Reductions
- DUI-Related Enhancements
- Juvenile Defense
- Domestic Violence
- General Felonies And Misdemeanors
- Disturbing The Peace
- Accessory After The Fact
- Driving With A Suspended License
- Caught Driving With A Suspended License?
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Texting And Driving – Distracted Driving Can Lead To Vehicular Manslaughter
- Vehicular Manslaughter | Resources
- Public Intoxication
- Can I Get My Public Intoxication Charge Dismissed?
- Tagging, Graffiti Can Lead To Stiff Penalties In Los Angeles
- Torrance Vandalism Lawyers Explain The Law & Your Defense
- California Vandalism Graffiti Law Penal Code 594
- Other Practice Areas
- The Criminal Court Process